انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
المواضيع الأخيرة
» حفل عيد الأم 2013 والمتفوقين بالمعهد
Oral Cancer  Emptyالسبت 30 مارس 2013 - 12:30 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

» كل عام وأنتم بخير
Oral Cancer  Emptyالإثنين 29 أكتوبر 2012 - 11:14 من طرف SHARAF2012

» أفزر 100 فزورة
Oral Cancer  Emptyالسبت 27 أكتوبر 2012 - 11:42 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

» كيف تصنع شعبا من الاغبياء؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Oral Cancer  Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 20:13 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» لماذا نشعر أننا نريد ان ندخل الحمام أكثر في البرد؟
Oral Cancer  Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:45 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» كما تدين تدان
Oral Cancer  Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:29 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» قصة للعبرة
Oral Cancer  Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:24 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» طريقة الفحص الذاتى للثديين
Oral Cancer  Emptyالسبت 13 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:39 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» صور حفل تكريم الطالبات للعام الدراسي 2011/2012
Oral Cancer  Emptyالجمعة 12 أكتوبر 2012 - 21:35 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
زهرة المستقبل - 131
Oral Cancer  I_vote_rcapOral Cancer  I_voting_barOral Cancer  I_vote_lcap 
ملاك الرحمة - 130
لؤلؤة - 40
SHARAF2012 - 1

المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 3 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 3 زائر :: 1 روبوت الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

[ مُعاينة اللائحة بأكملها ]

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 35 بتاريخ الأربعاء 16 أغسطس 2023 - 8:45

Oral Cancer

اذهب الى الأسفل

Oral Cancer  Empty Oral Cancer

مُساهمة من طرف زهرة المستقبل السبت 12 مايو 2012 - 22:01

• Definition of Oral Cancer
• Description of Oral Cancer
• Causes and Risk Factors of Oral Cancer
• Symptoms of Oral Cancer
• Diagnosis of Oral Cancer
• Treatment of Oral Cancer
• What Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Oral Cancer
• Prevention of Oral Cancer

Definition of Oral Cancer bounce

Cancer of the lip and oral cavity is a disease in which cancer cells are found in the tissues of the lip or mouth.

The oral cavity includes the front two-thirds of the tongue, the upper and lower gums (the gingiva), the lining of the inside of the cheeks and lips (the buccal mucosa), the bottom (floor) of the mouth under the tongue, the bony top of the mouth (the hard palate), and the small area behind the wisdom teeth (the retromolar trigone).

Description of Oral Cancer

Cancers of the head and neck are most often found in people who are over the age of 45.

Like most cancers, cancer of the lip and oral cavity is best treated when found early.

Determination of the stage of cancer in the lip or oral cavity is important in order to plan the best course of treatment. There are a number of stages:

Stage I. The cancer is no more than 2 centimeters and has not spread to lymph nodes in the area

Stage II. The cancer is more than 2 centimeters but less than 4 centimeters and has not spread to lymph nodes in the area

Stage III. Either of the following may be true - the cancer is more than 4 centimeters; the cancer is any size but has spread to only one lymph node on the same side of the neck as the cancer.

Stage IV. Any of the following may be true - the cancer has spread to tissues around the lip or oral cavity; the lymph nodes in the area may or may not contain cancer; the cancer is any size and has spread to more than one lymph node on the same side of the neck as the cancer, to lymph nodes on one or both sides of the neck, or to any lymph node that measures more than 6 centimeters.

Recurrent. this means that the cancer has returned after it has been treated. It may come back in the lip and oral cavity or in another part of the body.

text continues below

Causes and Risk Factors of Oral Cancer

Cancer of the lip is more common in men than in women and is more likely to develop in people with light-colored skin who have been in the sun a lot.

Cancer of the oral cavity is more common in people who chew tobacco or smoke a pipe.

Symptoms of Oral Cancer

It is important to see a doctor if you have a lump in the lip, mouth, or gums, or a sore in the mouth that does not heal.

Another sign of a cancer of the mouth or gums is when dentures no longer fit well. Often lip or oral cavity cancers are found by dentists when they examine your teeth.

Diagnosis of Oral Cancer

Diagnosis is established through a clinical exam and a biopsy of the suspect area.

Treatment of Oral Cancer

Early cancers (Stages I and II) of the lip and oral cavity are highly curable by surgery or radiation therapy, with the choice depending on the anticipated functional and cosmetic results.

Advanced cancers (Stages III and IV) are usually treated with a combination of surgery and radiotherapy. A few patients with small lesions who have no involved lymph nodes larger than 3/4 inch might receive either surgery or radiation.

Patients with these stages commonly develop recurrences near the primary tumor or metastatic disease after treatment and should be considered for clinical trials involving radiation modifiers or the use of combination chemotherapy in addition to surgery and/or radiation. Patients whose tumors grow into blood vessels have a worse prognosis.

For recurrent cancer, treatment depends on the location and size of the recurrent tumor, as well as the nature of the original treatment. If radiotherapy was used initially, surgery is preferred. If surgery was used initially, radiotherapy or a combination of both will be used.

Because results are poor after using the "other" treatment for a recurrence, clinical trials using chemotherapy or hyperthermia should be considered. flower
زهرة المستقبل
زهرة المستقبل
مديرة المعهد
مديرة المعهد

عدد المساهمات : 131
تاريخ التسجيل : 24/03/2012

https://eldokkynursing.forumegypt.net

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى