انضم إلى المنتدى ، فالأمر سريع وسهل

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.
المواضيع الأخيرة
» حفل عيد الأم 2013 والمتفوقين بالمعهد
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالسبت 30 مارس 2013 - 12:30 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

» كل عام وأنتم بخير
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالإثنين 29 أكتوبر 2012 - 11:14 من طرف SHARAF2012

» أفزر 100 فزورة
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالسبت 27 أكتوبر 2012 - 11:42 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

» كيف تصنع شعبا من الاغبياء؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 20:13 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» لماذا نشعر أننا نريد ان ندخل الحمام أكثر في البرد؟
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:45 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» كما تدين تدان
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:29 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» قصة للعبرة
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالإثنين 22 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:24 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» طريقة الفحص الذاتى للثديين
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالسبت 13 أكتوبر 2012 - 19:39 من طرف ملاك الرحمة

» صور حفل تكريم الطالبات للعام الدراسي 2011/2012
Rheumatic Fever Emptyالجمعة 12 أكتوبر 2012 - 21:35 من طرف زهرة المستقبل

أفضل 10 أعضاء في هذا المنتدى
زهرة المستقبل - 131
Rheumatic Fever I_vote_rcapRheumatic Fever I_voting_barRheumatic Fever I_vote_lcap 
ملاك الرحمة - 130
Rheumatic Fever I_vote_rcapRheumatic Fever I_voting_barRheumatic Fever I_vote_lcap 
لؤلؤة - 40
SHARAF2012 - 1

المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 2 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 2 زائر :: 1 روبوت الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

[ مُعاينة اللائحة بأكملها ]

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 35 بتاريخ الأربعاء 16 أغسطس 2023 - 8:45

Rheumatic Fever

اذهب الى الأسفل

Rheumatic Fever Empty Rheumatic Fever

مُساهمة من طرف زهرة المستقبل السبت 12 مايو 2012 - 22:41

Rheumatic Fever • Definition of Rheumatic Fever • Description of Rheumatic Fever • Symptoms of Rheumatic Fever • Diagnosis of Rheumatic Fever • Treatment of Rheumatic Fever I love you • What Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Rheumatic Fever • Prevention of Rheumatic Fever Definition of Rheumatic Fever Acute rheumatic fever is an inflammation that may affect many parts of the body. It can be a complication of streptococcal pharyngitis (strep throat), a type of bacterial infection of the throat. Single or repeated episodes of rheumatic fever can lead to chronic rheumatic heart disease. Description of Rheumatic Fever flower Smile Fortunately, not all streptococcal throat infections are followed by rheumatic fever. Signs of rheumatic fever usually begin 2 to 3 weeks after infection, but may appear as early as 1 week or as late as 5 weeks. Although there have been reports of new outbreaks, rheumatic fever is uncommon in the U.S. except among recent immigrants. It most frequently occurs in children between 5 and 15 years of age. Rheumatic fever is rare before age 4 and after age 40. text continues below Symptoms of Rheumatic Fever •Heart inflammation (carditis) affects about half the patients and has been reported in one- to two-thirds of children hospitalized during recent outbreaks. Carditis can lead to heart failure in some patients. •A bout of rheumatic fever can also damage the heart valves, and certain characteristic murmurs are nearly always audible during an acute attack of rheumatic carditis. •Heart damage may disappear or may persist. Permanent heart damage caused by rheumatic fever is called rheumatic heart disease. •About 75 percent of patients experience arthritis that affects multiple joints. •About 15 percent experience neurological abnormalities, often a type called Sydenham's chorea in which the muscles of the arms and legs flail uncontrollably. •Fewer than 10 percent of patients develop small painless lumps, or nodules, on prominent bones at the elbows, spine, knees, and ankles; or a rash may appear that resembles rings on the skin. In most cases, these problems eventually resolve. Diagnosis of Rheumatic Fever Diagnosis is based on the medical history and physical examination. Blood tests may be done. Treatment of Rheumatic Fever There is no cure for rheumatic fever once it has developed, although medications can be used to eradicate any remaining streptococcal infection and to control some of the symptoms. Treatment consists of antibiotics, usually penicillin, bed rest, and aspirin or steroids. Aspirin may reduce fever, and relieve joint pain and swelling. Corticosteroids may be used if aspirin is inadequate. Fortunately, recurrent streptococcal infections can be prevented very effectively with penicillin (Erythromycin may be substituted). To prevent recurrent rheumatic fever in persons who have already had one episode, monthly injections of a long-lasting preparation of penicillin can be effective. The risk of recurrence is higher in patients in whom the cardiac manifestations of acute rheumatic fever do not resolve, and those patients should receive antibiotic prophylaxis (protection) prior to dental or surgical procedures. What Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Rheumatic Fever What tests need to be done for diagnosis and to determine the extent of damage or involvement? Has any permanent heart damage been done? What treatment do you recommend? Will any medication be prescribed? What are the side effects? How long will recovery take? What can be done to prevent rheumatic fever from occurring again? What is the prognosis of this condition, especially involving the heart? Prevention of Rheumatic Fever Physicians do not know how to slow the process that damages the heart valves. Therefore, preventing rheumatic fever is the most effective way to "treat" the disease. The initial episode of rheumatic fever usually can be prevented by early treatment of streptococcal pharyngitis (strep throat) with antibiotics
زهرة المستقبل
زهرة المستقبل
مديرة المعهد
مديرة المعهد

عدد المساهمات : 131
تاريخ التسجيل : 24/03/2012

https://eldokkynursing.forumegypt.net

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى